Medical Cart Buying Guide
Finding the perfect medical cart for your facility or department can be difficult. From size to security, there are a number of important factors to consider before making a purchasing decision.
First and foremost – what are you stocking in your medical cart? You need to make sure the cart has ample space for your most important healthcare essentials.
Also, the included drawers, bins, and storage space should comfortably fit your supplies and equipment.
Here are a few additional considerations:
- How often and where is the cart being moved? Will it be traveling throughout your facility and crossing thresholds daily or just moving between rooms or phlebotomy stations?
- Where will it be stored? Do you have a room to store a large cart or are you looking for one that can be stored in tight spaces or underneath counters and benchtops?
- How important is security? Will a keyed lock work or do you want an electronic lock? Do the drawers need to be keyed alike or separately?
At MarketLab, we've taken the guesswork out of cart buying with this comprehensive guide, which takes a closer look at some of our most popular medical carts.
All-in-One Mobile Cabinets:
These versatile mobile cabinets were designed by phlebotomists to specifically to solve unique challenges associated with organization, storage, security, and ergonomics.
- What’s in Store: Both the short and standard versions of this comprehensive cabinet have 4 lockable drawers, 12 transparent tilt bins, and sharps and waste disposal. The standard version also has a bottom drawer.
- Get a Move On: The lightweight cabinets have handles and premium casters (two locking) for ease of maneuverability, even when fully loaded.
- On the Safe Side: Side hinge locks for the cabinets' four drawers help keep supplies secure, while locking sharps brackets protect against theft.
- Save Some Space: The short cabinet is ideal for phlebotomists with space constraints or who are looking for a cart that's a little smaller.
- But Wait, There's More: You won't have to wait long for this mobile cabinet – it ships within three days.
Locking Mobile Phlebotomy Cart:
This classic, lockable cart has an efficient design that lends itself to phlebotomy supply storage.
- What’s in Store: Carts come with four, five, or six spacious drawers in three different sizes, so you can be sure to find an option that meets your needs.
- How they move: This lightweight aluminum cart maneuvers easily between rooms and over short distances.
- On the Safe Side: Self-closing, lockable drawers are all keyed alike, and an optional electronic lock provides added security for cart contents.
- But Wait, There's More: Looking to get this cart quickly? It ships in eight days or free freight, guaranteed.
MP Storage Cart:
We combined function and efficiency to create this value-engineered, compartmentalized storage cart that's ideal for use throughout your facility.
- What’s in Store: Don't let this cart's short stature fool you. With five spacious open shelves, there's ample room for lab supplies, phlebotomy equipment, and other essentials.
- Get a Move On: With four 2" casters (two locking), this cart is perfect for moving short distances or from room to room.
- On the Safe Side: The cart's open design allows for easy access to supplies and equipment, but doesn’t lend itself to locking.
- Save Some Space: This sleek cart fits easily underneath counters, tables, and benchtops.
- But Wait, There's More: This classic cart comes with four compartmentalized storage trays or you can use your own.
Insight Storage Cart:
There's a reason Insight carts are among our most popular. Created as a value-engineered solution to meet your storage needs, Insight carts have classic, spacious designs that make them ideal for use in any area of your facility.
- What’s in Store: The Insight Storage Cart has five spacious drawers, while the undercounter model has three. Drawers come in different sizes to accommodate equipment and supplies.
- Get a Move On: 3" dual wheel caster (two locking) and handles on both sides of the carts allow for easy, comfortable maneuvering throughout your facility.
- On the Safe Side: Drawers on all Insight carts are lockable and keyed alike, keeping cart contents secure.
- Save Some Space: The Insight Undercounter Cart fits under standard-height counters, tables, and benchtops.
- But Wait, There's More: Like the design and value of the Insight Storage Cart but looking for a cart that caters to phlebotomists? Check out the Insight Phlebotomy Cart.